With Personal Prints, you have two options:
Send Your Own Photo, or I'll Take Your Photo
1. Send Your Own Digital Photo
YOU provide the digital photo and I'll turn it into
Street Dreams Art.
If you have a digital camera and want a photo-illustration of YOUR car, truck or streetrod, this option will work if you follow this criteria:
1) Shoot at your camera's highest resolution. An 8, 9 or 10 megapixel camera is best, but a 5 or 6 megapixel camera will give satisfactory results.
2) What to shoot: Shoot 3/4 view from front (or back) or the entire car (see examples on this site). Try lower and higher angles to choose from. Be aware of what's reflecting into chrome and paint. Have the car face the sun to bring out the best colors and details, and to reduce deep shadow areas. It doesn't have to be a bright, sunny day. Sometimes overcast works great also, Don't be concerned about the background or other cars around yours, unless they cause weird reflections. Vehicle can be on asphalt, concrete or grass - any surface is OK. If you choose one of the optional backgrounds that may determine the surface.
3) What to send me: ideally a .jpg file larger than 2.0 MB - larger the better. Send more than one angle to choose from - three to six photos would be good. Let me know what feature(s) of the car you want to see on the final print. Send to email@example.com.
4) There's no obligation. If what you send seems like it will work I'll contact you and proceed if you want. If I think there might be problems I'll let you know. I can send you a jpeg or pdf file before the print is made if you desire.
5) Satisfaction guaranteed. If after you see a jpeg or get the print you don't want it, return it in as-new condition for a refund. (Hasn't happened yet in 20 years).
The cost for this personal print is only $32.00 plus $4.00 P&H which includes First Class postage and a heavy mailing tube (plus MN sales tax if applicable). If you want to add a sunset, flag, diner, barn or any other of the 20 backgrounds add $8.00.
QUESTIONS? Please e-mail me! firstname.lastname@example.org
2. I'll Take The Photo
I'll shoot YOUR car and turn it into Street Dreams Art.
If you want a photo-illustration of your car, truck or streetrod, including the things that make it personal (special paint, trim, badges, license plate, etc.), this is the way to go.
There will be several opportunities in the summer, especially in the Twin Cities (MN) area, to have your car photographed and transformed into Street Dreams Art.
If necessary I'll have you position the car for the optimum lighting conditions, take a few digital photos and have a photo-illustration print mailed out in about a week. The cost for this personal print is only $32.00 plus $4.00 P&H which includes First Class postage and a heavy mailing tube (plus MN sales tax if applicable).If you want to add a sunset, flag, diner, barn or any other of the 20 backgrounds add $8.00.
I'll tentatively be at the following venues:
- All-Ford Picnic and Swap Meet - June
- Back To The Fifties - June, Minnesota State Fairgrounds, St. Paul, MN
- North St. Paul - Friday nights June-September (won't be there every Friday night), North St. Paul, MN
- Hastings, MN - Saturday nights June-September (won't be there every Saturday night), Hastings, MN
- New Brighton Car Show and Swap Meet - August, New Brighton, MN
- Woodbury Days Car Show - August, Woodbury, MN
Check back for updates.
Look for me hanging around a yellow 1956 Ford Sunliner convertible, or a black 1937 Ford stock coupe at any of the above shows. Or ideally contact me in advance: email@example.com.